
The five teenagers died in the collision on the M9,in County Kildare,on Sunday morning
Five teenagers killed when their stolen BMW ploughed head-on into a family while driving on the wrong side of a motorway had been ‘terrorising’ people over the previous days.
Joey Carthy,Alex McCarthy,Jeremy O’Brien,Jack Kennedy and Kamil Pustkowski,all aged between 15 and 18,died in the collision on the M9,on Sunday morning.
Speaking soon after the ‘horrific’ crash,Garda Commissioner Justin Kelly said that ‘in some cases’ cars were being driven the wrong way down motorways for social media likes.
And it has now emerged the five teens often posted videos of themselves being chased by gardaí,with one clip showing the view in their rear mirror captioned ‘wrong way’.

A stolen BMW ploughed into a family car after speeding up the wrong way on the M9 motorway in Co Kildare,Ireland (Picture: Niall Carson/PA Wire)
All five were also suspected in several thefts and burglaries,in addition to further anti-social activities across Kildare and Carlow over the previous two weeks.
Jeremy O’Brien was in the stolen BMW when it crashed into a Hyundai carrying a family going on holiday (Picture: Facebook)
Kamil Pustowski’s family have been notified of his death (Picture: TikTok)Sisters Niamh and Alma Kinsella,both in their 30s,younger sister Ella Hendricken,in her 20s,and Alma’s seven-year-old son Yemi all suffered serious injuries in the other car.Taoiseach Micheál Martin said yesterday he was ‘shocked and saddened’ at the crash,which was the result of ‘an irresponsible and dangerous act’.He said: ‘This is the second appalling crash we’ve seen on our roads in a matter of days as a result of the reckless driving of a car on the wrong side of the motorway,endangering the lives of innocent road users.‘As the Garda Commissioner has said,it is an irresponsible and dangerous act and it is shocking in some cases that it is being done for likes on social media.’
Alex McCarthy was among five killed in the crash on the M9 in County Kildare
Jack Kennedy was in the car that crashed into a family about to go on holiday (Picture: TikTok)Mr Martin added: ‘My thoughts and prayers are with the family who have been injured.‘I wish them a full recovery.‘The lives of five teenagers have also been lost as a result.‘Every death on our roads brings untold grief to families and communities.‘There can be no tolerance for this reckless behaviour that we have seen on our roads recently.‘It must stop.’Get in touch with our news team by emailing us at .For more stories like this,check our news page.Disclaimer: This article is reproduced from other media. The purpose of reprinting is to convey more information. It does not mean that this website agrees with its views and is responsible for its authenticity, and does not bear any legal responsibility. All resources on this site are collected on the Internet. The purpose of sharing is for everyone's learning and reference only. If there is copyright or intellectual property infringement, please leave us a message.
©copyright2009-2020New York Fashion News Contact Us SiteMap